Do you know how the courts work, how judges are selected, or why it is important to vote in judicial races and take action?
Bexley resident Jordan Berman, an Attorney for the Federal Public Defender’s Office, will answer questions such as this, plus help you learn about:
● The structure of the Ohio court system, including state and federal courts
● How courts impact you individually and as a community
● Pros and cons of how judges are selected
● Why fair and impartial courts are important
● Challenges and opportunities facing Ohio’s judicial system
● What the public can do to improve our courts
This presentation is prepared by Ohio Fair Courts Alliance, a non-partisan civic engagement project created to educate the public about our courts. Founding members include Common Cause Ohio, Dayton NAACP, Greater Cleveland Congregations, Ohio Environmental Council and Ohio Voice.