library cards & accounts
Getting a library card is easy! Bexley Public Library cards are issued free of charge and are valid for five years. You just need to be a resident of the state of Ohio and agree to our Loan Policy. Take a look at your options for signing up below:
- You can visit BPL during library hours, at which time a staff member will quickly issue you a library card. Please bring along your Ohio ID and proof of residence
- You can register online for an account. This temporary account number will allow you instant access to a number of the online resources that BPL currently offers. There are some resources, (for example Overdrive or Acorn TV) where you will need to update to a permanent account number. If you wish to do this, or if you forget your barcode or PIN, please contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-231-2793. Expect your physical card to arrive in the mail a week to ten days after applying.
- You can print and complete our registration form & bring it to the library along with your Ohio ID or proof of residence.
Your library card allows you to borrow from our collection of books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, and more! Take a look at our Loan Periods & Fees and Unique Items pages for more information.
Patrons under 18 may apply for a card only when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If the applicant (child) is not present, a parent or legal guardian must present an additional document in the applicant's name.
Teachers, homeschoolers, and daycare providers in Franklin County may also be eligible to receive Educator Cards to make it easier for you to get library resources into the classroom and the hands of your students.
Need your library card number? Forgotten your PIN?
- Visit MY ACCOUNT, you can use the “Forgot your PIN?” link to be emailed a link to reset it.
- Give us a call at 614-231-2793 or email email@example.com with the full name on your card, as well one OR a combination of the following:
- Birth date
- Barcode of an item you currently have checked out
- Phone Number
- Library Card PINs are 4 digits long
- PINs often default to the last 4 numbers of the phone number associated with your account.