Computers & Internet Access
The library offers 23 computer terminals for public use as well as an open wireless network. All public computers have Microsoft Office. The library uses a computer reservation system which requires a valid library card or guest pass. Computer sessions are limited to 60 minutes when there are reservations.
At the moment we have 16 Windows desktops available in our Tech Center & 4 available in Youth Services. We also have a desktop with a variety of virtual meeting applications available in our Virtual Meeting Room. In addition we have two iMac computers in our Memory Lab and Creation Station. These machines have a variety of creative application installed on them, such as the Adobe Creative Suite. Assistive computer technology is available for use by patrons with varying abilities.
Use of the library's computers or wireless network is free. Use of the Internet is subject to the following policy:
INTERNET ACCESS POLICY
In alignment with our mission, Bexley Public Library provides Internet access for cultural, educational, informational, and recreational purposes.
- Library computers may not be used for any unlawful purposes including viewing or transmitting material that reasonably could be considered pornographic or of prurient sexual interest. Access to and/or display of obscene language and sexually explicit graphics and materials, as defined in sections 2907.01 and 2907.31 of the Ohio Revised Code, are prohibited.
- Unauthorized copying of copyright-protected materials and online gambling are prohibited.
- The library does not censor material available through the Internet and is not responsible for its accuracy, currency or propriety. Parents are responsible for their own children's use of all library materials, including the Internet. The library assumes no responsibility for use of the Internet by minors. The library assumes no responsibility for claimed damages of any kind arising out of use of Internet workstations.
- Users may not tamper with or attempt to adjust any aspect of computer workstations, mobile hotspots or devices. Efforts to bypass the security of the library network, or any other computer network connected with the library are strictly prohibited. Users may not download to the hard drives.
- Library workstations are shared resources and not for the exclusive or excessive use of a single person. Library staff will impose time limits on use of the computers when others are waiting. Users must conclude all activities on the computer, including printing, immediately when the library closes.